Tourist Police Information
Tourist Police are a special unit of Nepal Police, which was established in 1979 under Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Tourism Industry Division. Its office is located at Bhrikuti Mandap, Kathmandu, Tourist Service Center Building, and also have complaint counters at the Airport and Basantapur Durbar Square. They are always attentive to deal with the problems of tourist and are very sensitive in safety and security of tourist.
Tourist Police assures a safe and pleasant stay to all the visitors in Nepal. The main function and responsibility of Tourist Police is to look after the welfare of tourist and to assure them a pleasant and a memorable stay in Nepal. Also to advise and assist tourist in safety and security during traveling, trekking, rafting and hotel stay in any part of Nepal.
With a dedicated workforce of 52 (Fifty Two) Police Personnel, Tourist Police conduct various activities.
Activities of Tourist Police
• Daily patrolling within the Tourist interested area in Kathmandu valley.
• Opening Tourist Police Post in different area including Airport (TIA) and Basantapur.
• Expansion of Tourist Police Post in Pokhara and Sunauli. It will expand to different parts of Nepal in future.
• Quick action and investigation have taken seriously in any tourist complaints.
• To provide information on travel security.
• To ensure hassle free trip by keeping hawkers, beggars and street children away from tourist.
• To assist tourist whenever need arises.
Functions and Responsibilities of tourist Police
• To provide information on travel and security.
• To ensure a hassle free tour by keeping, hawkers, beggars and street children away from tourist.
• To assist tourists whenever need arises.
• To register Tourists' complaints and to provide police report is case of theft or loss of items.
• To maintain safety environment mainly in tourist areas.
• To inspect Hotel, Tour, Trekking & rafting agencies for safety of tourists.
• To control unlicensed tourist guides.
• To forward tourist related criminal cases for legal procedure to District Police and notify it to their concerned embassy.
• To provide tourism related information.