Location: Bagmati Zone/Central Development Region
Locals: Tamang, Brahmins, Chhetris, Newars
Language Spoken: Nepali, Newari, Tamang, Magar, Gurung, Tibetan
Roadways: Dhunche is about 120 kms on Pasang Lhamu Highway from Kathmandu Around 70kms from Galche on Prithvi Highway
Airport: Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu is the nearest Airport
1. Mountains: Ganesh Himal, Langtang range, Langtang Lirung, Yala Peak, Langshisha, Sanjen Kharkha Peak
2. Natural lakes: Gosaikunda, Parbatikunda, Suryakunda, Bhairavkunda, Saraswatikunda, Ganesh Kunda, Tato Pani (Natural Hot Water Spring)
3. Langtang National Park is very popular for wild flora and fauna, most promising being the Red Panda
4. Rivers: Trishuli, Mailung, Bhotekoshi, Langtang
1. Gosaikunda is a holy place for Hindus as well as Buddhists. Every year during Ganga Dushera (May/June) and Janai Purnima (August), Hindu pilgrims take a holy dip in the pond. Trishul dhara is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva pierced the earth to take water out from within to quench the heat generated by the poisonous venom he drank during the war of Gods and Demons. River Trishuli is takes its origin from the pond.
2. Lots of Gumbas are built in the district as majority of the population is Buddhist.
3. Rasuwagadhi is one of the major historical places in the history of Nepal where Tibet-Nepal war was fought during the 1800’s.
Cheese factory at Chandanbari is very popular for Yak Cheese.
The potatoes and lentils grown in the upper belt are very tasty.
Rasuwa is growing to be one of the major center for Hydropower generation in Nepal. Projects like Chilime, Rasuwagadhi, Sanjen, Mailung are being operated/constructed.
The local culture and way of life is unique.
The dresses are locally made from wool of Yak, Chauri and Sheep.
New strategic border with Tibet is being opened at Keyrung and plans of connecting Tibet to Kathmandu via high speed train are in the pipeline.
Mountaineering to all the peaks –Langtang, Yala Peak, Ganesh Himal being the major ones.
Langtang Heritage Trail is one of the best treks in Nepal.
Treks to basecamp of all these mountains.
Trek to Gosaikunda via Chandanbari, Singh Gompa, Cholang Pati, Lauri Bina
Trekking from Kathmandu-Sundarijal-Helambu-Gosaikunda
Best time to Travel: October to December, April to February
Do you have more information about Rasuwa?
Do you have any information that you want to share about any place you know about ? We have put in a little effort gathering all the information above and we need your help to let everyone know about Nepal. You can join us in our mission to promote Nepal Tourism. Please click here for sending us the details about any information on Places of Nepal. If you are happy to be contacted by us please leave a telephone number that we can contact you on. For all your contributions to the website, ample credits will be given with your name, unless you state otherwise. Your contact details will never be published. When sending us information, pictures, or even videos, please take time to quote adequate references if they are not yours. Also, do not send us copyrighted materials unless you have a written consent for the use.