Location: Bagmati Zone/Central Development Region
Locals: Newars, Brahmins, Chhetris, Tamangs
Language Spoken: Nepali, Newari, Tamang
Roadways: Situated some 30kms from Kathmandu on the B P Highway and Araniko Highway and 74 kms from Kodari (China-Nepal Border)
Airport: Tribhuvan International Airport is at a distance of 30 kms
1. Phulchowki, the highest hill in Kathmandu Valley is very popular site for amazing view of Himalayan Range including the Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Langtang, Mt. Gaurishankar, Mt. Kumbhakarna
2. Naturally flowing rivers: Indrawati, Bhotekoshi, Sunkoshi Cultural/Religious Heritages
1. Palanchowk Bhagwati is believed to be the goddess of power.
2. Temples: Chandeshwori Temple, Gorakhnath Temple, Karunamaya Temple
3. Every 12 years, there’s a huge gathering of pilgrims at the Makar Mela at Panauti
4. Every Kartik Purnima, Buddhist Pilgrims worship Karunamaya Temple
5. Namobuddha is a sacred place for Buddhists as its the place where
Buddha offered his blood and flesh to a hungry Tigress.
1. Fresh water fish from Dhulikhel is very popular
2. Organic Coffe and Organic Lassi is also very popular
Old cities like Panauti, Nala, have traditional Newari houses with beautifully carved windows and doors exhibiting fine craftsmanship of the Newars.
Breathtaking views of Himalayan Ranges stretching from Mount Annapurna, Ganesh Himal, Mt. Langtang, Mt. Gaurishankar, Mt. Lhotse, can be seen in their full glory from different points in Dhulikhel
Dolalghat at the confluence of Indrawati and Bhotekoshi is a very popular picnic spot these days.
Kathmandu University, the largest private university is located at Dhulikhel.
Hiking to Namobuddha
Long drive to Dhulikhel and its surroundings.
Best time to Travel: October to December, April to February
Do you have more information about Kavrepalanchowk?
Do you have any information that you want to share about any place you know about ? We have put in a little effort gathering all the information above and we need your help to let everyone know about Nepal. You can join us in our mission to promote Nepal Tourism. Please click here for sending us the details about any information on Places of Nepal. If you are happy to be contacted by us please leave a telephone number that we can contact you on. For all your contributions to the website, ample credits will be given with your name, unless you state otherwise. Your contact details will never be published. When sending us information, pictures, or even videos, please take time to quote adequate references if they are not yours. Also, do not send us copyrighted materials unless you have a written consent for the use.